TRAR Leadership Academy
APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, JULY 6, 2018
The goal of the Toledo Regional Association of REALTORS Leadership Academy is to build a network of community and industry leaders who can enhance their problem solving skills and other leadership abilities through shared perspectives and working together.
Through this program, we will identify emerging REALTOR leaders, motivate them and sharpen their leadership skills. In return, we expect them to exert a strong, positive influence on the future of our profession and community.
- Develop leadership skills to be used personally, professionally throughout the community and association.
- Develop future leaders for our communities and association.
- Improve participant’s people, team building and communication skills in order to develop a more effective leader.
- Be a REALTOR Member of the Toledo Regional Association of REALTORS in good standing for a minimum of two years (from the date of application).
- Have a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve the community, industry at the Toledo Regional Association of REALTORS.
- Have demonstrated their commitment through involvement in community and industry activities.
- Are interested in and intend to seek positions on boards, commissions or key leadership roles in the community, industry organization and the Toledo Regional Association of REALTORS.
- Have exhibited a capacity for leadership/team building within their own organizations through significant accomplishments relative to their age and experience.
- Are willing to commit the time and energy required to complete the program.
- Tuition for the program is $250 which includes training sessions, meals and instruction materials.
- Tuition must be paid in full by September 1, 2018. A $100 deposit (which will be applied towards tuition if selected and refunded if not selected) is due with the application.
- Attendance at all programs is mandatory. Those who fail to attend may be asked to withdraw, with no refund of tuition.
- Attendance at all programs is mandatory. Those who fail to attend may be asked to withdraw, with no refund of tuition
- Arriving more than one hour late or departing more than one hour early will be considered the same as missing an entire day and can result in dismissal from the program.
- Full participation is expected with no cell phones in use during sessions.
Schedule of Events
- October 15, 2018 (4 pm to 9 pm) Team Building Session @ Trapped Toledo followed by dinner
- October 16, 2018 (8:30 am to 5 pm) Getting to Know You @ TRAR Training Room
- November 14, 2018 (8:30 am to 4 pm) Leadership 200 @ TRAR Training Room
- December 11, 2018 (9 am to 4 pm) Advocacy and Roberts Rules of Order @ TRAR Training Room
- January 9, 2019 (9 am to 5 pm) Communication/Public Speaking @ TRAR Training Room
- February 12, 2019 (10 am to 4 pm) Legal Issues @ TRAR Training Room
- March 7, 2019 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm) Regional Tour @ TRAR Training Room
- April 16, 2019 (Time TBD) Group Presentations and Graduation
CLICK HERE to download the application